Are you looking for a flavorful and easy-to-make meal that’s perfect for any occasion? Look no further than this delicious recipe for Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a dish that’s both savory and satisfying.Read more: Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and paprika.
- Use a brush to generously coat the chicken with the mixture, making sure to get under the skin as well.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and place them inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast-side up.
- Wash and dry the baby potatoes, and arrange them around the chicken in the pan.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the remaining garlic and oil mixture, and sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and lemon slices, and enjoy!
- If you have extra time, marinate the chicken in the garlic and oil mixture for a few hours before roasting to allow the flavors to meld together.
- For crispier skin, increase the oven temperature to 450°F (230°C) during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
- You can also add other vegetables to the roasting pan, such as carrots, onions, or bell peppers.
- Leftover chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days and makes a great addition to salads, sandwiches, or soups.