Grilled salmon with roasted vegetables is a classic dish that always impresses. It’s healthy, flavorful, and simple to make. This dish is perfect for those who want to have a delicious and satisfying meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen. In this blog post, I will be sharing my favorite grilled salmon with the roasted vegetable recipe.Read more: Grilled salmon with the roasted vegetable recipe
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the sliced bell peppers, zucchini, and onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Toss to coat.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the salmon. Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub the salmon fillets with minced garlic and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil—season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon fillets, skin-side down, for 4-5 minutes. Flip the salmon and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve the grilled salmon with the roasted vegetables and lemon slices on the side.
- You can use any type of vegetable you like in this recipe. Broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus are also great options.
- If you don’t have a grill pan or outdoor grill, you can also bake the salmon in the oven. Place the seasoned salmon fillets on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- To make the dish even more flavorful, add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese to the roasted vegetables.
Grilled salmon with roasted vegetables is a perfect dish for a quick and healthy meal. The flavors of the vegetables and the salmon complement each other perfectly, making for a delicious and satisfying meal. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. So, next time you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal, give this grilled salmon with the roasted vegetable recipe a try!
Frequently Ask Questions
- What is the nutritional value of grilled salmon and roasted vegetables?
Grilled salmon and roasted vegetables are both highly nutritious, providing a range of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients. Here are some of the key nutritional benefits of this dish:
- Salmon is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain and heart health.
- Vegetables are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and can help support healthy digestion, immune function, and overall health.
- Grilling and roasting the salmon and vegetables with minimal added fat and seasoning helps keep the dish low in calories and sodium, making it a healthy choice for a balanced diet.
2. How do I choose the best salmon for this recipe?
Choosing the best salmon for this recipe is important to ensure that the dish is flavorful and healthy. Here are some tips for selecting the best salmon:
- Look for Wild-Caught Salmon: Wild-caught salmon is generally considered to be healthier than farm-raised salmon, as it contains fewer contaminants and is higher in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Check the Color: The color of the salmon should be bright and vibrant, not dull or discolored. This is a good indicator of the freshness of the fish.
- Check for Firmness: The flesh of the salmon should be firm to the touch, not mushy or soft. This indicates that the fish is fresh and has not been frozen for too long.
3. Can I use different vegetables for this recipe?
Yes, you can use different vegetables for this recipe depending on your personal preference or availability of produce. Here are some alternative vegetables you can use:
- Brussels sprouts
To use these vegetables in the recipe, simply cut them into similar-sized pieces as the bell peppers and zucchini, and roast them in the oven with the red onion according to the recipe instructions.
4. What are some tips for grilling salmon?
Grilling salmon requires some care to ensure that the fish is cooked to perfection. Here are some tips for grilling salmon:
- Preheat the grill: Preheat the grill for at least 10-15 minutes before adding the salmon. This will ensure that the grill is hot enough to sear the fish and prevent it from sticking to the grates.
- Oil the grates: Brush the grates with oil before adding the salmon to prevent it from sticking.
- Use high heat: Cook the salmon on high heat to create a crispy, caramelized exterior while keeping the interior moist and tender.
- Don’t overcook: Be careful not to overcook the salmon, as this will result in a dry and tough texture. Salmon should be cooked until it is just opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
5. Can I use a different type of fish?
Yes, you can use a different type of fish for this recipe if you prefer. Here are some alternative fish options:
To use these fish in the recipe, simply substitute them for the salmon in the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time as needed based on the thickness of the fish.