Baked salmon with lemon and herbs is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is easy to prepare and requires only a few ingredients. The combination of lemon and herbs gives the salmon a refreshing and savory flavor that will leave you wanting more. In this recipe, we will be using fresh salmon fillets, lemons, garlic, thyme, and olive oil.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin-on
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the salmon fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salmon fillets.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and fresh thyme leaves over the salmon fillets.
- Place the lemon slices on top of the salmon fillets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- When buying salmon, look for fillets that are firm and have a bright, pink color.
- You can use other herbs like rosemary or dill instead of thyme if you prefer.
- If you want to make the dish more flavorful, you can add some sliced onions and cherry tomatoes to the baking sheet.
Baked salmon with lemon and herbs is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of side dishes. You can serve it with roasted vegetables, a fresh salad, or some rice pilaf. This recipe is also perfect for meal prep, as you can store the leftover salmon in the fridge and reheat it for a quick and healthy meal during the week.